This Diamond Heights Cable Knit Blanket Pattern creates a full-sized cozy throw your family is sure to cherish. This design features impressive twisted moss diamonds for hygge home decor.
11-Page Downloadable Digital PDF 8.5" x 11"
Save and Print (not a physical knitted item)
Color-Coded System: There are 6 different cable stitches in this pattern. I have created a color-coded system in both the written and chart patterns to easily discern the different cable stitches at a glance. I hope it helps you, too.
Skill Level: Intermediate, comfortable with cable techniques
Size: The finished throw blanket is 42 x 62 inches (107 x 157 cm).
Watch Video Tutorial: Studio Knit on YouTube >
- CO = Cast On Long Tail Method
- K = Knit Stitch
- P = Purl Stitch
- Bind Off
- Weave in Yarn Tails
- 1/1R: Slip 1 and Hold Back > K1 + K1 from Cable Needle
- 1/1L: Slip 1 and Hold Front > K1 + K1 from Cable Needle
- 2/2R: Slip 2 and Hold Back > K2 + K2 from Cable Needle
- 2/2L: Slip 2 and Hold Front > K2 + K2 from Cable Needle
- 4/4R: Slip 2 and Hold Back > K4 + K4 from Cable Needle
- 4/4L: Slip 2 and Hold Front > K4 + K4 from Cable Needle
- Yarn – Super Bulky Weight #6. Recommended: Lion Brand Yarn Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Bulky Yarn. 1,054 – 1,132 yards; 1,700 – 1825 g.
- Knitting Needles Size 11 US (8 mm) – Circular 36″ or longer in length. Although this piece is knitted flat, a circular needle accommodates its length.
- Cable Needle
- Tapestry Needle
- Blocking Mats + T-Pins from KnitIQ
Active Time to Complete: 40 to 60 hours. This blanket takes a bit longer to finish than easier textures since you will be paying close attention to the pattern row-by-row while cable stitching throughout. I estimate it takes approximately 40 to 60 hours to complete, depending on your personal knitting speed.
Enjoy! I hope you are inspired to knit my Diamond Heights Cable Blanket for yourself, family, and friends.