Long Raindrops Cowl Scarf is an easy reversible knit and purl design that is great for beginners. It’s an easy-to-memorize eight-row repeat pattern that is knitted in-the-round on circular needles. You may also customize this design with different yarn colors or create a longer infinity scarf.
Downloadable Digital PDF 8.5" x 11"
Save and Print (not a physical knitted item)
3 Scarf Sizes:
- Short Cowl One-Color: 12 x 24 inches (30 x 61 cm)
- Short Cowl Two-Color: 13 x 24 inches (33 x 61 cm)
- Long Infinity Scarf: 8 x 60 inches (20 x 152 cm)
Texture Design: This Long Raindrops knit stitch pattern creates elongated, vertical lines resembling a rainy downpour. This pattern is created by knitting rows of four alternating 1×1 rib stitch pattern.
Beginner Level: The scarf wrap is easily created with a simple combination of knits and purls.
Reversible: This is a reversible pattern, so the texture is visible and looks great on both the right and wrong sides of your work.
Watch Video Tutorial: Studio Knit on YouTube
Bulky Weight #5 Yarn
Suggested: Cascade 128 Superwash Merino Wool
- Short Cowl: 160 – 180 yds / 146 – 165 m
- Short Cowl (multi-color): 170 – 185 yds / 156 – 170 m
- Long Infinity Scarf: 270 – 290 yds / 247 – 265 m
My scarf sample was knit in Cascade 128 Superwash Merino Wool in colors Feather Grey 875 (beige grey), Pacific 1960 (dark blue), and Summer Sky Heather 1910 (light blue).
Knitting Needles for Short Cowl: 10 US / 6.0 mm, 24” length
Knitting Needles for Long Infinity Scarf: 10 US / 6.0 mm, 36” length
- Tapestry Needle
- Knitting Blocks and T-Pins (optional)
Skill Level: Experienced Beginners
- CO = Cast On Long Tail
- K = Knit Stitch
- P = Purl Stitch
- Cast Off
- Weave in Yarn Tails
- * * = Repeat Pattern Between Asterisks
Enjoy! I hope you are inspired to knit my Long Raindrops Cowl Scarf for yourself, family, and friends.